Sunday, August 7, 2011

In a fit of pre-departure excitement...

...I have chopped 8 inches off of my hair. As I was rinsing out my hair in the shower this morning I was thinking about how much shampoo I'll need for the semester, and how much room it would take up in my bags, and what I was going to have to sacrifice in order to have clean hair (probably my shitkickers, and no way am I leaving those behind!), and then I realized...less hair = less shampoo!
And also I was told by a program alum that since Monteverde is so humid, some of the girls with longer hair grew mold in their heads because their lengthy locks could never fully dry. 


ICK. 


Knowing that if I didn't follow through on this impulse immediately I'd chicken out, I threw some clothes on and pedaled my bike to the nearest hair-cutting professionals. The lady was very sweet, and so persuasive she talked me into letting her take 8 inches instead of my intended 5 ("because really dear, with that humidity it's just going to grow back so fast! And you want to make a good impression on your host family with beautiful healthy hair, don't you?"). 
So now, enough hair to make a chiuaua sweater sits on CostCutters's floor, and I sit on my couch with the shortest haircut I've had since I was 15 years old. 


Bring on the humidity!

No comments:

Post a Comment